- When choosing a repellent remember that products with between 30 to 50% DEET (diethyltolumide) are the most effective. Higher dosages of DEET are available. If preferred non-DEET products can be used to protect children.
- Use a Mosquito net if sleeping outdoors or in a room without proper fly screening. Ensure that it is correctly fitted.
- Use Mosquito nets impregnated with permethrin to discourage insects from landing on the net and possibly biting its slumbering occupant through the holes.
- Use sprays around dawn and dusk (mosquito’s most active time of day).
- Mosquito coils and plug-in repellents are very effective, and should be used if available.
- High pitched buzzers are not effective.
Tailored to Business Travellers, Expatriates and Remotely Deployed Personnel. Focused on Corporate Travel Health. Specialised in Occupational Health. Multidissiplinary solutions to organised health challenges.