We look forward to assisting you with your Oil & Gas UK Medical Examination
Oil & Gas UK Medical
To schedule an appointment, please action the following :
- Complete an online Oil & Gas UK Medical Request Form per person
- Attach to this application form, a scanned copy of the relevant passport per person
- Attach to this application form, any previous OGUK medical certificates / medical records
Once all of this information has been received, a representative will contact you via email to arrange an appointment based on your appointment preference selected. The complete Medical, including the Occupational Health Examinations, X-Rays and blood tests should take approximately 2 – 3 hours per person.
Please bring to the appointment:
- Original Passport
- Spectacles (if used)
- Vaccination records
- Detailed job specifications
- Relevant medical records (for any prescription medication, a recent Doctor’s report is required)
- Previous OGUK medical certificate(s)
- Please be prompt for your OGUK Medical Examination and ensure all necessary documentation is produced on arrival. Late arrival and omitted documentation will impact on our appointment schedule.
(Please note that the costs may vary depending on the medical findings or further testing requirements)
Prices are subject to change without prior notice. Please note these prices are effective 01 March 2018 until further notice.
|Medical Examination by Doctor – Applicable per person seen - (excludes any referrals necessary identified during Consultation)||R1,500.00|
|Occupational Health – Audiometry, Vision Screening, Lung Function||R660.00|
|Mandatory Blood Tests||R558.00|
|TOTAL||R 3,683.50 incl VAT|
The Medical Examination, X-Rays and Laboratory tests may be paid in cash or with a debit / credit card. We do not accept cheques or medical aid for these assessments.
OIL & GAS UK MEDICAL : Q&A
Do I need to make an appointment for this or can I just walk in ? How far in advance should I schedule an appointment ?
An appointment is certainly necessary for a OGUK medical. Generally the first available appointment will be offered. This could range from the following couple of days to the following week. To ensure timeous screening, candidates should book a week in advance.
What is the process for attending the medical, will it really take 2 – 3 hours per person ?
|Medical Examination by Doctor Excludes any specialists referrals requirements identified during consultation||Examination by Doctor||Appointment||60 min / person|
|Drug Screen & Occupational Health||Testing as needed||Appointment||30 min / person|
|X-Rays (Chest)||X-ray to be taken||Appointment||30 min / person|
|Mandatory Blood Tests||Bloods to be collected (NO FASTING NEEDED)||Appointment booked on your behalf||30 min / person|
|Vaccines (where applicable)||Administration as needed||Appointment||30 min / person|
What happens after attending the Medical?
We will co-ordinate, consolidate and capture the result information:
- 3 working days for obtaining blood and X-ray results
- 4 working days for consolidation, review and feedback on issue of certificate
- Note that timelines are subject to numerous external factors that influence the collection and consolidation of information. In the event that additional reports/documents are required from the applicant, the submission process may be delayed until such time these reports/documents are received.
What happens if I am menstruating or I am pregnant?
Portions of the medical examination may be delayed / need to be repeated, if traces of menstrual blood are found at the time of urine screening. If you are pregnant and do not wish to be X-rayed as part of your application, your examination will be put on hold, pending the completion of the X-ray before your OGUK medical examination can be finalised.